Paper 2

Expand on your formal analysis paper. Using one scholarly source (book, article,  etc…), research your object and its historical context. Incorporate this research into your first paper to write a paper that includes formal analysis and historical context to support your thesis. If you want to adjust your thesis from your first paper, you may. You should not hand in the 2 pages of formal analysis with an additional page of historical context attached. Add about a page of historical context and new analysis; your final essay should be about 3-4 pages. Please email me or come to office hours if you are confused about the assignment.

A good essay will respond to the comments you received on your first paper, and will adjust the description and thesis accordingly. Handing in the exact same formal analysis will not result in a passing grade. I am looking for improvement. This essay is just as much about editing your work, as it is about including new material.

You do not need to go to the museum again, but you may if you want.

Formatting and Due Date

3-4 pages, double spaced, Times or Times New Roman 12-point font

Pages should be numbered

Include a title

Your name should be on each page

Include the name, date, culture, and artist (if there is one) of your work of art in the final paper.

You MUST cite your sources in Chicago style. https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html

Due Date: May 4, 2020 at 9:30 AM by email

I will respond to your essay so that you know I got it. If you don’t get an email back that says “received” within 24 hours, please email me.

Late papers will be reduced by 1/3 of a grade for every day (24 hours) that they are late. For example, an A paper would be reduced to an A-, a C+ to a C. Turn in your paper via email to me by 9:30 AM on 5/4. This means your papers must be in my inbox at 9:30! Papers handed in at 9:31 are considered late. Papers handed in between 9:31 AM on 5/4 9:30 AM on 5/5 are considered one day late, those handed in 9:31 AM on 5/5-9:30 AM on 5/6 are two days late, and those handed in 9:31 AM on 5/6-9:30 AM on 5/7 are three days late. Papers will not be accepted after 9:30 AM on 5/7, and will receive an automatic F.